19 February 2008

Disappearing Tommy.

Looking to Kenmore at the eastern end of Loch Tay.All readings are taken from a sheltered location in our garden and cover a 24 hour period starting at 6pm.
Low Temp: -4.9C
High Temp: 0.6C
Rainfall: 0.0mm
Strongest Gust of wind:1.0 mph.
Weather Today: Cold and foggy, the temp never getting above minus 1C all day.
At around 9 in the evening Vicki likes to take the dogs out just for a little walk around the back of the courtyard area. Last night being no exception. They just happened to be leaving as I was about to go check on the greenhouse heating so I hung back a while as I knew Tommy would only want to come with me if he saw me. Anyway all went well, they were nowhere to be seen as I went across the green to the garden. I check the greenhouse which was okay and as I was leaving I heard this noise behind me. It startled me because there was no reason for anyone to be there but as I quickly swung round to see who it was I was surprised to see Misunderstood Tommy standing there. Somehow he knew I had left the house and gone over to the garden and he had abandoned Vicki to come looking for me. We fininshed checking round and returned home. Well he might be the misunderstood dog but I'm sure he had no misunderstanding what Vicki thought of his disappearing act! I thought maybe he got sight of me going across to the greenhouse but apparently not as Vicki said they were way around the back of the sheds when he suddenly disappeared. He just loves his gardening does Tommy.
What you say is so right Kimmie. The most frustrating thing for me ever is if for whatever reason I can't to a job properly. You should always try your best and then look at how to improve upon it. I always remember when I was learning to be a gardener there was this old guy would often say that, 'if a job isn't worth doing well it isn't worth doing at all' and thats the way I always feel.
A BLAST FROM THE PAST.
Wednesday 19th February 1992.
Dave came for lunch and have his hair cut. There is trouble with the water as work, it seems the pump has broken. I've been doing one of his lordships none gardening jobs today - cutting Ivy from the trees in the spinny. its only just over three weeks ago that his lordship said the spinny was no concern of mine when I was cutting the brambles from the side of the drive, now he has me doing forestry work in it.
Vicki painted the window seat in the sitting room today.
The snow from yesterday has gone.
I played with Fallon on the computer after dinner, we played the motor racing game. All was fine until we didn't win the race, then she became very upset. She hates to lose.
When I met Vicki she was a hairdresser and had her own mobile hairdressing business so it was she who cut Daves hair and not me!
All the best,
Bob.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Gday Bob, Ive been a bit slow calling, been a little tired after having all my yearly tests,, I bet you got a bit of a start to think someone may have snuck in on you
IM pleased it was Tommy standing there with you. and Nobody else. Tommy must have seen the light on in the greenhouse and instinct led him to his master..hope the hand it well healed now take care ,Jen