17 November 2009

Millau Viaduct.

Hello everyone, how are you? As you will see we returned from our tour safe and sound. It was quite tiring at times as travelling often is, although having spent many long hours on tractors I think I was able to cope more than many. Anyway it’s all part of the experience and it wouldn’t have been much of a coach tour if we didn’t spend time on the coach would it. We had a very nice time and enjoyed nice spring like weather throughout our time in Spain as you will see from the pictures I intend to show you.

Before we reached Spain though I got to see something that I’ve been wanting to see ever since I watched it being opened on TV and that something is the Millau Viaduct.
Below are the pictures I took from the coach as we travelled along. I won’t write all the details as I would only be re-writing what is written on many different websites so I will include this link
Millau Viaduct so if you want to know more just click on it to be whisked away to be informed.









I’m sure you will agree that it is a wonderful piece of engineering and well worth a trip over it if you ever get the chance. I’m not sure but I think it’s possible to stop close by and get a better view but we didn’t as I think the drivers wanted to press on with our journey which was pretty long that particular day.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow. Stunning.

There is a really cool bridge in Flordia that reminds me of that one. Isn't it amazing how bridges can look so different when you are riding across it, compared to when you are looking at it from a distance?