3 March 2021

A Bit More Ivy Trimming

There hasn't been a lot to report this past few days as I must confess to having been taking it easy due to feeling a bit under the weather. I'm not a doctor or anything so I'm not going to blame the covid jab that I had but the day after having it I've been having this underlying tiredness about me plus aching and shivers. It almost feels like I'm coming down with a bad case of the flu but it never develops into anything further. I rested up for a while and it went away and then last weekend it came back again. I feel like I am much recovered again this morning so I will try not to take on to much for the rest of the week and hopefully see the back of it as I need to get things done.

Anyway here is one of the jobs we managed to get done. Another Ivy trimming job. I cut this all back last year so it was just a maintenance trim just to bring it back to the desired level. 

In the picture below you can see that in just one year the growth has covered the gap to the top of the wall and is also growing over the top.

These are the tools that I find useful for Ivy trimming plus the hedge cutter or a pair of garden shears to clip the face of it if need be. In this instance there were only a few long ends that I nipped off with the pruners which is why there is no hedge cutter in the picture. The pruners are an old pair as they can get abused a bit scraping away and the stone work and what have you.

This is the finished article. We also pruned the roses in the border once the Ivy was cleared and then we weeded and forked the soil 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dream of doing what you do because you are a master gardener. Then I get real. It is best that I simply admire what you do. It's enough for now.

I am in Texas. I am there when I read your posts and lose myself in your photographs. Talk about time travel! LOL.

Rob said...

Thank you for your nice comment. I often wonder if anyone really cares to see what we do so it's nice when I hear that someone does. I hope you keep visiting and I will try my best to provide you with a bit of interest for your time travelling journey. By the way, never give up on your dreams. I never thought I would get this job when I applied for it but I did.