19 November 2007

I'm Back.




LOW TEMP:
HIGH TEMP: 5C
SUN HIGH: 5C

WEATHER – A very dull, damp and cold day. Occassional rain.


Hello everyone, I can’t say that I’m glad to be back but I can say with all honesty that its good to be able to have a chat with you all again. We had a great time on holiday and I thought about you all lots so took plenty of pics for you to look at. I thought rather than bore you all with a load of pics all at once I would show you one or two each day at the start of the page, I hope that’s okay.

One of the first things we noticed when we got to Callander was how friendly the Scots are, we did already know this from when we lived there and is one reason why we keep on returning but after living here for two years and only having people speak when they want something it was a real pleasure to have people come up to you in the street or shop and just start talking like you were their neighbour or something.

Tonight’s picture is of the river and parking area in the small town of Callander. We arrived there at 9:00 am after a 4 hour drive, I parked up facing the river and took a little nap while Vicki took the dogs a walk. I don’t do much driving at home so I did it all on holiday to give Vicki a bit of a break from it. After a rest and a bite to eat we went a walk around town, Vicki was delighted to see that a Christmas shop has opened up, it was just jam packed with all manner of Christmas decorations, we wanted buy one for our tree but it was a devil of a job trying to decide which to buy. Whilst in there a lady came up to us and started telling us how there is this one department store is looking to hire a Santa for over the Christmas period but they won’t set anyone on that is over weight! I know, it beggars belief doesn’t it but that’s what she said – who ever saw a slim Santa – I think if people keep on getting dafter the way they are dogs will end up being smarter than people.

This afternoon I turned a couple of the compost heaps and then raked up some leaves that had gathered by the conservatory. There are lots of leave to collect up now after being away for a week. I think someone has been tipping them in the garden while I was away!

Well I’m going to go and get my dinner now, its always a good sign when I can hear Vicki bangin’ around in the kitchen.
Bob.

3 comments:

Frankie @ Veg Plot said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it - and it looks like you just missed the snow!

Kimmie said...

Glad you had a nice time, can't wait to see some pictures of your holiday.

Its snowing here in CT-

The dogs won't get into the rat poisoning will they? Yikes!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Merle said...

Hi Bob ~~ Welcome back. I am glad you had a good holiday and enjoyed it. Look forward to more photos. It is always nice to get home after being away. Hope you get rid of the rat, seems strange they would be after anything in the potting shed.
Msybe just after warmth from the cold.
Take care my friend, Regards, Merle.