2 December 2007

Bob's Bloomer Of The Week (Chrysanthemum).


Hi everyone, Some of you will probably remember that before I deleted the previous version of my blog that I was trying to show the top bloomer in the gardens that particular week. I haven’t done this feature since then so I thought that this week I would start again, and so here it is my plant for this week which is the Chrysanthemum. The ones you see in the pictures have been flowering inside and out for several months. They will of course grow outside in the border and give a bit of welcome colour to the back end of the year but her ladyship doesn’t like them so I grew them in pots in the potting shed yard and then brought them in to the conservatory as they came in to flower and as you will see some are still flowering to this day, all the pics were taken last week.

For those interested in checking them out below are a few Chrysanthemum links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysanthemum
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plantprofile_chrysanthemum.shtml
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/i.payne/index.html

I don't know the names of the first two, I got this as a cutting from someones garden.

This is one of my favourites, Vicki got it as a small pot plant last year, I will be sure to take more cuttings of this one in January. I have the names to the next too but I can't rememeber them off hand but I will check tomorrow and add them later.

Bob.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Gday Bob, Just popped in while im cooking Dinner.
Yes I remember your segment plant of the week, and great to see pics of that again,
your little Mauve flower I cant remember correct name but we call them pin cushions, and Chrysanthemum, are nick named mothers day flowers as thats the time there in full bloom over here..second sunday in May... take care Bob its nice to see Tommy make an appearance.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Your second Chrysanthemum is both bizarre and beautiful. Hadn't seen that before.