17 December 2020

This Years Christmas Tree.

 As there is to be no more gardening this year I thought I would do a few Christmas posts as Vicki puts a lot of effort in to decorating the house in a number of festive ways so it I think it would be nice to have a record of them. So with that theme in mind I will start with a picture of our Christmas tree to be followed with something different each day until I run out. The tree as always is in the sitting room although we have moved it to the other side of the room this year for a bit of a change.


Today I received my December pay slip which usually contains a bonus for the past years work, this year though there is no mention of it so unless they have something different planned it looks like there is to be no bonus this year. This is very disappointing considering I worked just as hard as ever this past year. No doubt they will say it's because of the virus situation but that's not my fault. Anyway we will see.


9 comments:

Belinda Robinson said...

What a splendid tree!
Sorry to read about your disappointing pay slip. I hope something turns up.

Susan Heather said...

I echo what Belinda said. Lovely tree and I hope you get a surprise bonus.

Rob said...

Well Belinda something turned up this morning, not my bonus but a bottle of Champagne so I guess that's something.

Rob said...

The housekeeper turned up at my door with a bottle of Champagne from the boss this morning Susan so I guess that's something.

Belinda Robinson said...

In that case, I hope you like champagne!
Merry Christmas!

ellen abbott said...

it's a lovely tree. it's a shame when people who can afford to be generous prefer any excuse not to be.

Doc said...

So sorry to hear about your bonus Rob. Drink the champagne and don't let it get you down my friend, life is short so make the best of everything.

Rob said...

Thank you Ellen, Vicki did the decorating, I just had to put it up - straight.

Rob said...

Don't worry Doc I'm not to bothered for myself and not at all bothered about the money. For me the sad part is what it says about the other person.