22 February 2021

Homemade Plant Labels.

I recently made these plant labels out of the left over strips from venetian blinds. I first painted them with undercoat paint, allowed to dry and then painted the tips with gloss paint as I feel that will give them more protection from rotting. I have tried this before but without glossing the tips and whilst they were good while they lasted they only really lasted a season. I will probably save these to use in pot plants rather than out in the garden. They were set out in the seed tray like this while the paint dried. I used hand pruners to cut them to size and shape.



4 comments:

Doc said...

What a great idea, I for one am always running out of labels

ellen abbott said...

I do the same from mini-blinds. don't paint them though and just use pencil which stays on very well.

Rob said...

I know what you mean Doc. I try to reuse them where I can but even so they tend to disappear.

Rob said...

I should imagine mini blinds work very well Ellen as the ones I made are a bit chunky. I only painted the ends to try and preserve them a bit longer, also it was a horrible day out so it gave me something to do in the warm and dry.