25 July 2012

Churn Estates

For some time now I have been playing on a map called Churn Farm, this is the map that I judge other maps by and until today there have been none to better it, at least not as far as my personal preferences go. That was until this morning when on eating breakfast I was checking out the latest news on the LS-UK forum and joy of joy there was a new map entitled Churn Estates. I'm not sure if it's made by the same person who made Churn Farm, if it is they have changed their name but it is of the same high quality and in the same style so one has to assume that the same person who made Churn Farm had a hand in making Churn Estates, if not then it's a good copy and a great improvement.

There was always lots to do on Churn Farm what with harvesting, feeding and milk production, there is even more to do on Churn Estates. There are pigs to feed, apples to harvest and sheep to clip just to name a few of the new jobs. The lay out of the maps is also interesting and varied although I haven't had time to check it all out yet. I played Churn Farm for weeks and there were still some land I never went on let alone harvested so there is always plenty to be done on these style of maps.

Anyway here is the link if you want to try it for yourself: Churn Estates

There was one little problem I had when I first installed the map and that was when I went to play no matter whichever way I tried to unpack the folder it kept on saying that the Map Fruit Change Trigger was missing. In the end I had to go to this page Map Fruit Change Trigger and download it. Then it was just a matter of putting it in my mod folder the same way as you do any other mod and everything work fine after that. If you have any trouble just drop me a line, I'm not an expert but I will try and help if I can.

No comments: