6 May 2008

Bob's Bloomer's - week19 (Bluebells).

All readings are taken from a sheltered location in our
garden and cover a 24 hour period starting at 6pm.
Low Temp: 6.6C
High Temp: 25.1C
Rainfall: 0.0mm
Strongest Gust of wind: 2.4 mph
Weather Today: Warm and sunny, hotest day of the year so far.
This week Bob has chosen the Bluebells for his best bloomers post. The picture below doesn't really do them justice as these are just a few we have in the gardens in flower at the moment.


By the way, I will just point out to any would be thief that the earn isn't worth stealing, its been all patched up at sometime and would most likely drop to pieces if you tried to move it. There is another one right on the corner of the lawn, I don't know why someone put it there, it frightens me to death every time I go near it with the lawn mower in case I happen to catch it. I would like to move it but dare not risk it for the reason stated above.

The family came to visit at the weekend and much to her ladyships delight I was able to provide them with new potatoes and fresh lettuce. I also sent my mum and dad packing with the four tomato plants and a stray Fuchsia.

Talking of which, Tippy is highly delighted to see that Matron is going to be able to make use of her tomato cuttings tip. Matron mentions using a rooting compound which you can do. I didn't mention this because I was trying to keep it simple and didn't want to put off the people with brown thumbs. So if you do have some then by all means use it but if you don't have any rooting compound don't worry as you really don't need it. I didn't use any and all mine were rooted in 10 days.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Hi Bob, your Bluebells are very pretty. I hope 'visitors' don't mess with your things out there. I don't know how far you are from the city.
Thank you for the cutting info, yes, that sounds logical that the plants would be like where they came from.
..