30 May 2008

A Pint At The Strines Inn.

Hello everyone, how are you today? Here are the final pictures from last weekends walk.

From Burbage Bridge car park we continue in a north easterly direction to the next edge, this one is around 4 miles in length and is known as Stanage Edge and will take us to the A57 road.
After a very short climb we gain the edge and seem to be on top of the world with excellent views all round. We are now in to wild desolate country, the wind on this occasion being very brisk and with a cold bite to is so much so I decided to get down amongst some rocks to finish off the last of my food.

One of the many views along the edge, not a good picture I know, the light was very strange. Thats my excuse anyway.

We are now approaching the last three miles of the walk, we're headed for the centre of the picture, the A57 road can be seen crossing the centre of the picture. Here we can look over the wall at the Strines and Dale Dike reservoirs in the distance. We are now walking on a tarmac back road that will in a mile or so deposit us outside the Strines Inn and our destination for this walk.
The Strines Inn. I didn't actually take this picture, I was that desperate to get inside for a pint of Fosters that I completly forgot to take a picture. There again maybe I was just so overjoyed to see Vicki that I just never thought! Anyway she had brought my mum and dad plus Tippy & Tommy along for the ride so we all went in for a drink before heading off back to my mums house back in Rowsley which is where I started from that morning.

This walk was 19.5 miles in length and took 10 hours and 20 minutes at an average speed of 2 MPH. I could have done it quite a bit quicker but I had plenty of time so didn't rush and took plenty of breaks.
Bob.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Gday Bob..hope your feeling a lot happier tonight, and I hope all is going well for you. Love the scenery im not very fit still huffing and puffing as we go along, think ill stop and join you in a cold Pint or two,,,

Kimmie said...

What a days jaunt...looks very peaceful and good for thought.

A pint of Fosters (that is my Knights favorite!)...wish we could have joined you. Is that last shot the pub or your mum's house? (I'll go back and reread, maybe I missed it.)

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Kimmie said...

Okay- got it (The Shrine's Inn)...how was your pint?

Kimmie
;-)