28 March 2012

In The beginning.

First of all thank you for taking a look at my blog. This is a bit of a departure from my usual blog topics but I'm a great believer that a change is as good as a rest so I thought why not give it a go.

As with a lot of things in life this all came about by accident when one night last week I was at a lose end so decided to look up some tractor video's on Youtube. I've always liked tractors since I first became of the world around me but unfortunately these days I have no opportunity to play with them so I usually just look and remember bygone times. After viewing several video's and as one does on Youtube I got sidetracked and eventually came upon some video's posted of fun people were having with this game from Giants Software called Farming Simulator 2011. It doesn't replace the real boys toys but it looked good enough to tempt me to the Giants Software website in search of more information. Once there I downloaded a trial version of the game, this was mainly to see if it would actually work on my PC, these things often have a way of disappointing you but on this occasion everything worked as it should which encouraged me to place an order with Amazon for the fully functioning version, this arrived by post on the 24th March.

Since I started playing the game I've mostly worked my way through some of the missions. These are a bit tedious but worth doing as they help you to get used to how things work and where different things are and what they do. The highest award I managed was bronze but that's okay I'm doing it for fun rather than high scores. Also when I was doing the missions I was still getting to grips with the controls so no doubt if I go back to them in the future I should do better.

Since the missions I have been checking out different maps, the one that comes with the game is okay but I've seen a few other maps that look a bit less flat with fields that aren't all square. One I quite like is http://www.ls-uk.info/downloads/5/22819 and the other is http://www.ls-uk.info/downloads/5/22502
not that I have really settled for either of them yet but I do like the look of them. If anyone can recommend any good ones let me know. I want to try and find one that I'm happy with before I embark on my career proper.

I think that will do for today, I will leave you with a video of a walk round at East Peak Farms.

When you first start a career you get some run down old equipment for free, included among this are a couple of old combine harvesters so tonight I am selling on of these so I can buy a half decent tractor as the ones that come with the game aren't very good ones.

No comments: