7 November 2020

Eye Scare.

 Because I am a type one diabetic I have to have regular eye checks, usually once a year which I attended at the local clinic three weeks ago. It wasn't long after this that I got a letter telling me I had to attend the eye clinic at the hospital for treatment to my eyes as I was in danger of losing my sight. Of course this has been a bit worry for me over the past couple of weeks. Anyway yesterday was the day of my appointment and whilst I wasn't looking forward to it I was looking forward to finding out what could be done for me. I had drops added to my eyes the same as when I went for the earlier screening, I then went to a room with someone and put on a machine that took pictures of the inner workings of my pupil. I was then taken to a doctor who put me on another machine which shone incredibly bright lights into my eyes, it was almost to bright to look at. After all this the doctor said that while there were signs of damage it didn't warrant any treatment at the moment so that was a relief. I will have to go back and get checked out again in four months.



I've never been one for the doctors even when ill or injured so I find all this sort of thing very stressful and in turn the stress and worry if really a drain on me so I am just glad it's over for a short while. Another thing of course is the worry of catching the virus in these places. I've been trying to keep myself safe all these months and now suddenly it seems like I am being forced in to the firing line. 

2 comments:

Midmarsh John said...

Great to hear that things seem to be going well. I've also been keeping out of the way as much as possible, hoping the practice doesn't remember the blood test which are overdue. Like you I don't fancy visiting hospitals at the moment.

Rob said...

I never have been one for visiting these places at the best of times. I've seen the NHS more than I've been to see my parents this year because I have not wanted to pass anything on to them.