27 November 2020

Invasion Removal.

 I haven't been on here much these past few days due to there not being a lot to report. I only ever go to work or home these days and I have to say that I have got used to this routine now and it doesn't bother me at all, I find it far less complicated. 

Anyway back to the gardens where there is always plenty to be done. This week has been mostly leaf clearing and also more work in the Rose Garden where I gave the final rose bed a good clear out as it was slowly being taken over by an invasive plant.


We removed it all, took out any weeds and gave the whole bed a good forking over.


There was quite a lot of bindweed roots which I dug out the best I could but I'm sure you know how that goes, some always seems to get missed and other bits hide under the roots of other plants so no doubt it will put in an appearance again next spring.

I've found over time that Bindweed can be controlled to some extent by hoeing but to succeed you have to go round every week and chop it off below ground and gradually it gets weaker through lack of light, it's important not to miss any. 

Below is the Rose Garden finished off completely, all forked over and ready for Spring.





5 comments:

Daisy Debs said...

Wow ! You,ve done an amazing job there !:)

Doc said...

Wow that last photo is amazing, good work!

Rob said...

Thank you Daisy Debs.

Rob said...

Thanks Doc, we keep trying!

Keaton S said...

I enjoyed rreading this