18 November 2020

Forking And Mowing.

 Yesterday, as it has dried up nicely we decided to do a bit of forking in the rose garden. It helps to tidy things up plus its another job done that will help us come the Spring as it will make the soil easy to work when we have to do top dressing and weeding.

Below is a picture of a partly forked rose bed.

Another job we were able to get done because of the dry spell that we've been enjoying was to cut the lawns in the walled garden. I only went over them with the tractor as I didn't want to cut them short. It was simply a matter of cutting off any long patches and tidying up the appearance. I'm wanting to remove the cutting deck from the tractor and give it a clean up etc. but the grass is still growing so I will have to leave it attached for a while longer as I don't want to store it away for the winter only to need it again in a few weeks time.

The main lawn in the walled garden



3 comments:

ellen abbott said...

well, I've just caught up with your November posts. lots of work done and everything looks nice.

Doc said...

One of my favorite jobs in the garden is forking over the beds, it makes everything so fresh looking.

Daisy Debs said...

Wow ! Everything looking very tidy . The grass never stops growing down here in the far S.W of Cornwall ! We have to cut the grass all through the Winter months ! :)