15 November 2020

Rose Pruning In The Rose Garden.

 Thursday and Friday last week I managed to get the roses pruned in the rose garden. It's something I like to try and do at this time of year mainly because it reduces them in size therefore I don't have to worry about the wind bashing them around all winter. I could sort of give them a half prune and then give them a proper pruning in the new year but I don't fancy going over them twice and I have to say that I've never had any trouble caused by pruning them now and in actual fact I find that they will get going earlier by pruning now. I would like to get the beds forked over as well if I can but we will have to see about that as I have lots of other work waiting to be done at the moment.

I've heard reports that they are going to be starting work on converting the old stable block into accommodation for the bed and breakfast soon, probably in the new year now so that should be something to keep an eye on.


4 comments:

Doc said...

I see the “Head Gardener” is keeping an eye on your work.

Rob said...

That's right Doc, he's always got his eye on me even when he has them closed - not sure how he does that.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Your boss seems to take his position seriously 😁
Looking forward to the B and B updates!

Rob said...

Yes Timmy is really in to his gardening, he watches my every move.