9 November 2020

Pictures From A Foggy Garden.

Over the weekend we have been having some days when the fog has never cleared so I thought to take some pictures of the gardens in a different light. I prefer to see the gardens on nice sunny days, it always seems to look so much better but it's not summer and won't be for some time so I have to embrace what I have at the moment which seems to be lots of mess and decay.

The view above is of the garden house taken from the front garden. There used to be a couple of tall conifer trees set in the gravel area but they were removed a few years back, I preferred it when the trees were there as it added a bit of interest.
This is quite a nice little tree in the summer with it's bright green foliage, I would tell you what it is but I forget. It's not something I'm familiar with so I wrote the name down somewhere and have now forgotten where.
This thing is in the Japanese Garden, I'm not sure if it's meant to be a pump or something but it's purely ornamental these days. I have the Ivy rooted through the spout, sort of like symbolic water pouring forth.
The above was taken from down by the stone masons grotto which is quite a nice little area between the Japanese Garden and the Rock Garden.
Here we have a Japanese ornament mimicked by a clipped Yew. It's a bit of a strange carry on really because neither are actually in the Japanese Garden. 
 

3 comments:

Doc said...

Love the photos in the fog.

Rob said...

Thank you Doc.

ellen abbott said...

catching up. I love all these pics, views of the gardens I've never seen before.