18 August 2011

Guilty looks.

Tonight we took Tess to be wormed and weighed, she now weighs in at 11.80 kilos so her growth rate seems to have slowed a bit which is happen just as well given that there was a danger of her catching Tommy up in size the rate she was growing.


Vicki took some dead plants out of a planter the other day so the following day Tess decided to empty the compost out as well, all over the garden path. So Vicki swept it up and put it back in the planter last night and then this lunch time Tess went and emptied it again so now Fallon has put it back in the planter, I'm now waiting to see if Tess empties it again tomorrow after spending this afternoon alone in the naughty corner - the kitchen. I have to laugh though because she gives the game away before you even see what she has done because she looks so guilty. When she gets that look on her face you just have to do a sweep of the area to see what she did. If she didn't look so guilty you wouldn't even know she did anything half the time.


Today at work I cleared up all the hedge cuttings which always seems to be a bigger job that it looks on the surface. I did trim a few other shrubs in passing - don't stand still to long when I have the hedge cutter in my hands or you will get a hair cut! Anyway all that mess had to be cleaned up as well so it all took a bit longer than I planned.


Talking of hair cuts I did a bit of trimming on Tommy's tail today, not with the hedge cutter though. He's terrible at getting brushed, I usually end up doing several tours of the garden while brushing him as he just won't stand still which leads to him getting big lumps of matted hair on his tail so every now and then when he is having a lie down in the garden a sneak up behind him and give him a quick trim.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Poor Tess. I'm sure she thought that Vicki and Fallon refilled the planter so Tess' fun could continue!

Beth said...

I really enjoy reading the posts about your family! Thank you.

Sage said...

I know Tess loves that game! Dirt is so much fun to play in...

Darlene said...

My other sweet boy, Squire, was very familiar with the guilty look but Deacon never feels guilty about anything! Brazen little so-and-so. He's another one who won't stand still for his brushing either *sigh*.