17 November 2011

The Final Cut.

Today at work I had some kind of danger nanny looking round the greenhouses and potting shed, he was looking for problems that might cause a fire to start or make it worse if one did start, he didn't give any indication as to whether he found anything wrong or not, the main thing was that he left me alone, I don't go much for those kind of people at the best of times. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against health and safety as long as it's a genuine problem and not just some someone keeping themselves in a job at my expense. I saw a story on the news last night where this woman fell down a hole and died whilst the rescue services argued over health and safety regulations. It seems to me that if they can't do the job for whatever reason it's a waste of time them being there are all.

Today I managed to get some mowing done. I've been waiting for a few weeks to do this job but it's been that grey and damp the grass has never dried out enough. Even today it was still quite damp so had to do it with the tractor which is able to cope better with damp conditions than the Allett mower. I would have thought that this would be the final cut of the year but if the weather continues to be mild it's hard to know for sure.

I took this picture a couple of weeks ago but didn't get chance to post it so here it is now. I think the tree is some kind of Hawthorn, it has a similar habit to the Hawthorn that grows in hedgerows but the berries are much bigger. It was the colour of the leaves and berries together that took my eye on this occasion.



-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a piece of art...the yellow leaves with the red berries...excellent photo Rob.

I'm sure the same thing as the lady falling down the hole and dying could happen here (maybe it did happen here), only here the wrangle would usually be over whose jurisdiction it is! I mean draw the lines in the sand after you save the victim, for goodness sake!

Anonymous said...

I rather like your phrase "Danger Nanny" - can I pinch it?