10 October 2019

Barn Wall Border Tidy (Part one).

Today I made a start on tidying the barn wall border which is a continuation of the dog run border. Both have been neglected over the past few years on account of building work being carried out on the barn. I can tell you there is nothing more demoralising than having builders working around the place.

It's hard to see in this first picture but there are three roses to be trained against the wall but before I could do that I needed to add wires to the wall on to which to tie the roses.


After that was done I set about the shrubs. Some needed a massacre, others needed just some light cutting back for now, and then the ones on the wall at the back need retaining. The Holly tree to the left also gets a bit of a trim but that will happen just before Christmas.

I got quite a lot done today but there is some left for Friday, In fact there will be some left for Monday as there is a wedding here on Saturday so I will have some jobs to do in relation to that.

1 comment:

Doc said...

You are busy, I don’t know how you stay ahead of it all.