8 October 2019

Finishing Of The Border.

Today I managed to finish off the border behind the dog runs which I started yesterday. The first job was to cart off all the Ivy to the burn pile. I then laid off the border job while I cut the lawn in the front garden as it had dried up enough to do so and the way the weather is I have to make the most of such opportunities. Before I could do any cutting I had to clear up a load of Beech nuts as I couldnt run on where they were or I would have pressed then in to the lawn. Once the grass was cut I returned to the border work where I pruned a few low branches off the Fig tree in the corner. That done it was just a matter of putting a new edge to the lawn around the border and this finished the job off nicely.

Below is a picture of the finished article.


2 comments:

Doc said...

Do you cut the lawn edging by hand or with some sort of power edger?

Rob said...

Hi Doc, Because I'd neglected the border somewhat the plants had grown over the lawn edge and killed the grass so I put a new edge to it with a half moon and manual edging shears. Usually though when the edge is good and just needs maintaining I use a battery powered edger. If I am doing a border tidy I will still use the manual edging shears as I think they make a better job but a lot more time consuming which is why I use the powered edger when I have the whole garden to do.