20 October 2019

My Flower of The Week (Bacopa).


The flower I've chosen to show you from the gardens this week is Bacopa. I grow it in various places around the gardens, mostly in walls and pots where it can trail and hang down although it can be used as ground cover as well. I have taken to growing this instead of Lobelia in recent years as I find it lasts longer with me. It is best treated as an annual but I have seen plants that I've missed pulling out that have grown again the following year although this is not to be relied on as I'm sure a cold winter would see the end of it.

Some Bacopa info.
I get my Bacopa seedlings from here.
 I'm thinking that the Fuchsia featured last week would be a good match for these earns next year.

2 comments:

Doc said...

Yes very nice, I use in all our pots and window boxes. It always brings the comments from visitors here in the gardens.

Rob said...

I find that I have to be very careful with the watering when they are seedlings but once they get going they don't mind the water at all. We've had loads of rain recently and as you can see they are looking well on it.