18 February 2023

Second Year Geraniums

Today I potted up the second year bedding Geraniums. After lifting them in the Autumn I just trimmed them back and put them in to a seed tray with a bit of compost around the roots. I didn't go to a lot of trouble with them as i look on them more of a bonus than a necessity as i have quite a few rooted cuttings from them already. So today I took them out of the trays and threw away any that were no good then tidied up what was left before potting them up to hopefully grow on to make useful plants for this summers bedding. 

Below is a picture of one of the trays of over wintered bedding Geraniums.
They don't look very appealing in this state but we will see what can be done with them.

Below is after they have been cleaned up and potted on.
There's still not a lot to shout about but we will see how they progress.


2 comments:

ellen abbott said...

That's a lot of geraniums. Can't put them in the ground here, gets too hot in the summer.

Susan Heather said...


They look good when tidied up. I think I have lost a favourite one due to the storms (it was under water for a few days) but I have cut it right back and have my fingers crossed.