27 June 2021

Delphinium Update.

 Some who follow this blog will have seen the series I've been doing on the Delphinium  crown bud cuttings that I took last year, well today I can show you one that has come into flower. This is the only one that I have planted in the ground as I'm growing the rest on in pots to try and bulk to the plant rather than allow it to flower this year. I just wanted to grow on one to give you all an idea of what to expect from the end result. 

If you want to see the whole series just click on the labels for this post.



A few posts ago I showed you the Sweet Peas having just been planted out. Well they are all growing away well now so tomorrow I will post an update picture for you. I will also be posting about a new project that I am embarking on over the next few months so stay tuned.


2 comments:

Susan Heather said...

It is looking good. I went back and see that it is your first time with these crown bud cuttings and they are, obviously, very successful. Well done.

Rob said...

Hi Susan, I surprised myself as to how well it worked. If you didn't need so many plants you could have split the original plant into bigger chunks and that way you would get a bigger plant more quickly but I want to try this and it's always good to have plenty of plants when there is a big garden to fill.