29 November 2021

Camping Out At The New House.

 At the weekend Timothy - Michael and I spent the weekend camped out at the new house. We had a few jobs to do and I also wanted to get a feel for the place. I think we arrived roughly at the same time as  Storm Arwen because not long after arriving the power went down and didn't return again until the evening for a couple of hours before once again going off not to return for a further twenty four hours but we were okay. We got a stove going in one of the rooms and we had a propane cooked to boil up water for tea and make something to eat, we were actually very cosy. We didn't get a lot of work done on the Saturday as it was to wild outdoors and it was a bit too dark indoors to do a lot but we did meet the neighbours who are really nice people and made us feel very welcome indeed, they even lent me a pan for the cooker as we didn't have anything there like that, just an electric kettle and a microwave which were both useless. We also got to find out some details of the area from our visit to the neighbours. 

My bed for the night in the corner.


Timothy - Michael tested various sleeping places within the room during the night.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I am so happy you're back.

Susan Heather said...

Looks like a blank canvas with lots of potential.

Rob said...

Anonymous: Thank you, that's very kind of you to say so.

Rob said...

Hi Susan, The outside is my domain, I just follow instructions indoors but you are right there is plenty of scope to do things to the place as you will see in my next post were I will show you one such project.

clairesgarden said...

exciting... i've done the 'camping' thing a few times.. till i get organised. the house looks lovely. x

Belinda Robinson said...

Sorry Arwen scuppered your plans but your ‘bedroom’ looks cosy enough with the fire going