11 June 2023

Rose And Clematis.

 Rose and Clematis, it sounds like a tv detective series, in fact it's just a couple of plants growing by our front door. The rose we had at our old house and brought with us, which just goes to show that you shouldn't be put off from moving such things to a different location if you feel the need. This was an established plant of many years at that location and has moved just fine. The most important thing when planting anything is to never let it dry out, especially if it's an older plant where because of its size you've had to hack the roots around a little.

The Clematis was something that we inherited with the property. It's easy to be tempted when moving somewhere new to have a clear out so you can put your own mark on the place. But if it's the winter months it's not always possible to tell the worth of what you plan to chuck out. I'm glad we kept the Clematis as I think it goes well with the Rose. I think they have become good friends.




10 comments:

ellen abbott said...

they definitely complement each other. very lovely to have by the front door.

Jim said...

You've moved but still work the gardens. Still the boss, or slowing down in life? I'm glad the rose made the move. We have oodles of them in our backyard, red knockoff roses tall and short ones. So many blooms this rainy year, we are trying to figure out how to dead head them. Google and YouTube probably know.
..

Susan Heather said...

The look happy together and pretty as a picture.

Rob said...

Good day to you Ellen, When I planted the rose I didn't know what the Clematis was like as it was dormant so I guess it's what Bob Ross would have called 'a happy accident'.

Rob said...

Hello Jim, I am semi retired now Jim, I just go to work for a couple of days a week to help the new guy settle in although it's wearing a bit thin if I'm honest. I still do lots of gardening but in my own garden. What is it you would like to know about dead heading your roses? Maybe I can help.

Rob said...

Thank you Susan, The hope is that eventually the rose will grow enough to cover the walls of the house.

Lois said...

oh man, 2014 was the last time I checked in on your blog.
so glad to see you are still keeping it up.

Susan Heather said...

Rob, I didn't realise the rose would grow that big. Look forward to seeing it again in the future.

Rob said...

Hello Lois, How nice to hear from you again after all this time. By the way I do remember you. I'm not as prolific as I used to be on here and I'm not sure why because it's easier than it's ever been to post things, and from anywhere. Most of my blogging friends from back in the teens and earlier have faded away. I guess we all move on over time. Anyway I hope you and the family are all keeping well and that you pop back here from time to time as you'll always be welcome.

Rob said...

Hi Susan, I'm basing my anticipation on the rose covering the front of the house on how it grew at our previous property.