30 April 2020

A Good Day To Feed Grass.

Hello everyone, I hope all is well with you. Today I want to show you some pictures from the South Front as it's all very bright and cheerful at the moment.


Today we have had the first drop of rain since the airplanes stopped flying which I'm sure is just a coincidence but it's been nice to look up and see fluffy clouds instead of the long straight ones. Anyway the thing is, because rain was forecast I decided it was a good time to give the lawn a bit of a feed so after calibrating the spreader I got on with that job after lunch. I think it took longer to calibrate the spreader than it did to apply the feed so much so that there was enough time at the end of the day to plant 72 Geraniums in the South Front wall beds. It is still a bit early to be putting out summer bedding but Geraniums will stand a slight frost and we haven't been having anyway so I am risking it as the plants are ready to be moved on. This year all the plants for the South Front walls have been grown from cuttings taken from last years plants.

6 comments:

clairesgarden said...

what a fabulous garden, so much going on !!

Lee said...

Hello Rob:

I'm glad I've found your blog. I love to visit Hooton Pagnell and it regularly features on my blog. It's a pretty village and the annual fete is always a good day out...not this year though. I'll enjoy reading about your work in the hall gardens, obviously a part of the village I've not photographed.

Cheers.

Lee

Doc said...

Rob you will have to post a photo of the geraniums once they have established themselves. They are my favorite and I bet that many in a planting bed is quite a sight.

Rob said...

That is the truth Claire, there is always something to be done in the garden but I enjoy it so its not a problem.

Rob said...

Hi Lee, I'm pleased that you have joined us. The fete is one of the few highlights of the village calendar, I often think it would be nice if the gardens could be included in the event. The grounds are open to the public more these days but you have to be a paying guest to enjoy them.

Rob said...

Over recent years the South Front walls have been looking better. For a number of years we persisted with Petunia's which were very hit and miss but I decided to change over to Geraniums and things have been much better. They just get better and better throughout the summer Some of the have even been surviving the winters but that's not something to be counted on. The thing I like about the Geraniums is that I can take cuttings in the Autumn and I have my plants for next year and almost for free.