29 April 2020

Ways To Brighten Up Conifers.

In the last post I showed how I tidied up around the base of the conifers by the greenhouse lawn. Well in this post I will show you the other side to the conifers and how I have married the two sides together.

Occasionally a branch will die back leaving a hole so as you can see from the picture below I filled the hole that was left with this earn which will have some kind of a plant in it for the summer. This die back happened some years ago now so things have grown back enabling me to train things to look the way I want it.

In this particular case the die back only occurred last year and was cut out the winter past so things are not looking so good at the moment. In time though I hope to turn this set back into something more positive. The chair is an example I just had to hand, it would be better with two chairs or even a small bench.

This view over the rose garden is what you would get from sitting on the chair as it is.

In this picture you can see how I have married the two sides together with the Ivy on one side and the earth and neat edging on the other. There are a couple more things that I've done to add some interest to the conifer trees but I need to take some pictures and will add another post in the near future.

2 comments:

ellen abbott said...

love the urn in the 'niche'.

Rob said...

Hello Ellen, The earn once belonged to the former lady but when she passed on I claimed it for the gardens.