24 April 2020

Planting Day

Today we have been doing some planting in the vegetable garden. We started with the onion seedlings, it's the first time I have grown onions from seed so it will be interesting to see how they do. There also cabbage, celeriac and runner beans. It's a little early for the beans but they have come on well and so I didn't want to check them by making them hang around in pots so I will have to protect them if frost is forecast.  The celeriac is also something new to me, I've never grown it or tasted it so that's something to look forward to.

Some of the seedlings planted today.

The head gardener supervising.



4 comments:

Doc said...

Hope the head gardener is happy with your choices of vegetables.

Midmarsh John said...

While I was replacing some raspberry canes my head gardener got so bored she went back indoors.

Rob said...

Ha ha - Timmy disappears sometimes, he can't get back home from the gardens so he will go and lay down under a bush.

Rob said...

He doesn't show much interest in vegetables unless they are in the company of roast beef and gravy