16 December 2022

Preparing and Storing Geraniums.

 It's been bitter outside today so I took the opportunity working in the greenhouse to clean down and box up some bedding Geraniums that I lifted from our garden a couple of weeks ago. I don't suppose it's cost effective to save them except they are of a colour combination that we like and I may not get then again this year so in that respect they are worth keeping.

In this first picture you can see the untreated plant, lots of dead and decaying matter which must be removed.

In this next picture is the finished article ready to be boxed and stored. Apart from removing the rubbish from the plant I trimmed back to some young shoots.
Here you can see them boxed and ready to be stored on a shelf in the greenhouse. They are packed a little closer than I would have liked but I don't have a lot of room to spare so I'm hoping they will be okay. I placed a little compost around the roots, this will be kept pretty dry through the winter.
Of course the head gardener was on hand to supervise proceedings. 
This work was carried out at our own house and not work.


No comments: