29 December 2022

The Return Of Ratty.

Today has been another lazy day, mostly on account of still being mostly one handed. Also this morning we had a friend called Pat come to visit so I was being sociable. I noticed during one of my trips to the garage for logs that it appears that the rat is back.  I caught it pilfering the apples a few weeks back so I moved them out and the rat has not been seen since but as I say I've noticed that there is evidence of a return so the trap has been baited and set so we will see what happens next.

I took this picture of the sunrise whilst on this morning's dog walk. This is as it came and not enhanced with any kind of filters.

I sowed some herb seeds a couple of weeks ago so I was pleased to see the Parsley has germinated. It's actually for work but as there is no gardener there at the moment I brought them home to look after.


2 comments:

ellen abbott said...

Haven't seen any rats here but we do get mice in the house now and then. I use a trap. I want something quick and deadly, poison and glue traps being cruel. I tried a live trap, catch and release, but they kept setting it off and not getting caught.

Rob said...

Hi Ellen, I have a live trap which I have caught a few rats in over the years. For some reason I absolutely detest rats. Just looking at them gives me the creeps. Even so I prefer to kill them straight out if I can.