27 April 2024

A Vent & Unit.

 Dry all day for a change. Clouded over in the afternoon and still a cold breeze. My early start was rewarded by a nice sunrise this morning.


Shaun from nextdoor came round first thing to fit a new worktop and cupboard in the kitchen, they fill a gap left from when we downsized the cooker.

New kitchen unit and worktop. The unit is still to be painted to match.

My first job today was to repot the christmas trees that I started from seed a couple of years ago. They weren't particularly pot bound but they looked a bit on the yellow side so thought I would change the compost, I think I will give them a short of iron too. I potted on a few other things as well until the potting mix ran out.

Some of the repotted Christmas trees.

After lunch I fitted an automatic vent opener to the greenhouse, which turned out to be easy enough although a bit of a fiddle on account of gravity, working upside down and being blinded by the sun. It seems to be working okay though.

Automatic vent opener fitted and working.

After this job there was time to take a few cuttings, mainly of Fuchsias, to put into Lynette's cuttings gadget.

Cuttings machine refilled.



2 comments:

ellen abbott said...

after a windy night my pink angel trumpet had been blown over and several small branches broke off which I put in water to root. only they never do. maybe I'll take these, dip them in rooting powder and stick them in a pot. can't be worse. the yellow angel trumpet roots like a champ in water.

Rob said...

I taken a couple of cuttings of Angels Trumpets in the past and they seem to take okay although I've never tried it in water, just compost.I think maybe when they are growing well and you use young growth is better.