10 March 2021

Crown Bud Cutting Spring Growth.

Today I thought I would give you an update on the Delphinium crown bud cuttings that I took last July. There hasn't been anything to see over the winter as all the leaves died back but this past week or so they are showing signs of life again. In the next few weeks I will be looking to pot them up to a bigger pot. If you didn't see the original posts when I made them, go and take a look either by following the labels to this post or click [HERE]


4 comments:

Belinda Robinson said...

Ooh, those delphiniums will make a good display. How satisfying it is when the new growth appears!

Susan Heather said...

They look good. I went back to your original post. Interesting.

Rob said...

That's true Belinda. I probably take way more cuttings of things than I really need but I just enjoy growing them on.

Rob said...

I agree Susan, it is interesting to see just what you can get from what was quite a small plant. This is a method used by nurseries, probably more so than gardeners as it increases stock faster than the normal splitting of plants.