18 March 2021

Pruning Afternoon

This afternoon we had a bit of a pruning session in one of the shrub borders. I say pruning but it was a bit of a mixture of proper pruning with some clipping. I prefer to prune for a more natural look but some of the shrubs such as the Berbris lend them selves to clipping where as the buddleia's get a proper pruning. We finished off by putting everything through the shredder and returned it back to the border It was a nice day for it, dry and quite warm in the sunshine.

Below are a couple of before and after pictures.


1 comment:

ellen abbott said...

I tend to just let things go their natural way and now try to shape them but then I don't have any shrubs that lend themselves to shaping. although the former owners of our house did square off the tops of the row of red tip photinias across the front of the property. not I though they do need to have some branches removed.