16 March 2021

Restoring The Balance.

 We had cause to try and save this tree recently. It got pulled over by the weight of the snow that we had a few weeks back. It was virtually blocking the entrance to the wedding barn so if I could if I couldn't get it back under control it was going to have to be removed which would have been a shame.


Thankfully I was able to save it and at the same time keep it looking respectable.

This is a side view before the work began. Apart from blocking the doorway it was also covering a border.

This is the same side view after the work was done. People can once again walk under it without having to duck or bang their heads.

This the view from the other side and gives a better idea of how far it came away from the wall.

Here is the finished article. It's still away from the wall but I've managed to get a certain balance to it so that hopefully it will reestablish it's self with time.




4 comments:

Susan Heather said...

A good job, I presume some pruning was involved.

ellen abbott said...

I'm so glad you were able to save the tree. it looks very good now.

Rob said...

Yes Susan, it was all achieved with pruning as the tree is to big to stand back up, also it would take a lot of support to keep it standing up. Hopefully the roots will get a new grip eventually although I think it will always be susceptible, I might see if I can support the trunk a bit to help it along.

Rob said...

I'm glad I was able to save it to Ellen as it would have look a bit strange without it there.